All Nations Christian Academy Accelerated Learning
What We Mean by "Accelerated Learning"ac·cel·er·at·ed learn·ing(noun)
- an intensive method of study employing techniques that enable material to be learned in a relatively short time.
- a program of learning that allows certain students, especially those more academically able, to progress through school more rapidly than others
How do we do accelerated learning at All Nations?Our small classes allow us to:
- Minimize transition time and address distractions
- Give children more opportunities for sharing, asking and answering questions, and taking individual turns in group activities. This is an ideal environment to promote the love of learning and support advanced learning.
- Customize lessons based on the skills sets of their students, challenging advanced students to move ahead and providing additional support to the ones who need it.
- Provide opportunities during the day to pursue personal interests such as creative art projects, sketches, personal reading, and creative story-writing in journals, etc.
- Evaluate progress with periodic assessments to determine which skills sets need reinforcement. Our small class size permits evaluation by personal observation, minimizing testing time and maximizing quality class time.